Skip to main content

August 1/2008 Solar Eclipse

Another crop circle that depicts the coming solar eclipse of August 1/2008 this time from Italy. I am still wondering what the crop circle of June 13/08 at Uffington, Oxfordshire, England is all about. Unfortunately, they never gave a diagram that I could color. I am so drawn to color those crop circle diagrams, it isn't funny. I am really wondering what this is all about. So I did some quick research and found the following information.


First of all this is going to be a total polar solar eclipse as very visually shown in this Wikipedia article. On another note it will effect China during the Olympics, interesting.

On to Astrology and the eclipse. I found this article quite interesting about how it will affect the different houses and signs. Then I found this site and here is the part about the eclipse that really caught my attention as there is also going to be a lunar eclipse in the middle of August.

August Eclipses

“In August of 2008” says the Dragon, “I send you two more eclipses: a total solar eclipse followed by a partial lunar eclipse.”

August 1, 2008 Solar Eclipse
The solar eclipse of August 1 continues the Aquarius/Leo themes. The solar eclipse will be particularly intense because it is total. During this solar eclipse the creativity theme is pronounced. “What is your unique form of creativity?” the Dragon asks. “and what is the shadow-side of that creativity? Are there areas you have allowed to stagnate? Where are you avoiding expressing yourself? Or conversely, have you become so proud of your creative expression that you are arrogant, self-centered or acting out of a continual bid for attention?” The Dragon minces no words with you.

This eclipse is accompanied by Mercury, who says: “Ask the people right around you whether you are expressing yourself as you should. Allow conversations with them to reveal your shadow so you can see it and own it.”

August 16, 2008 Lunar Eclipse
Remember that lunar eclipses are more emotional in their effects than solar eclipses, which are more physical. Because August’s lunar eclipse is also a full moon in Aquarius, it tunes you into the needs and feelings of the group. The Dragon says, “Let your creativity be guided by what the group actually needs. Are you giving what you want to give, what will feed your ego rather than what will serve the collective best? Let go of the need to stand out from the crowd. Instead, allow yourself to be embraced by your networks of like-minded people, let your soul find a home and a purpose there. Serving that will fill a place in you that ego never could.”

This eclipse is accompanied by Neptune, who says: “Be guided by your dream of the ideal group. What kind of people will bring out the best in you? Find them and become one of them. This way you will also find yourself. Let your heart lead the way.”

All I can say that we live in interesting times, never a dull moment. Like the weather here in Nova Scotia, just wait a few minutes and it will be different again. I am not complaining, I love the adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep Tip from the Mentalist TV Show

I like watching the Mentalist TV show and yesterday I got finally around to watch my latest recorded show. To my delight and surprise Patrick Jane's character gave this tip to help you fall asleep: If you have falling asleep you can count sheep or on your in-breath say or think 1 and then when you breath out say or think 2. On your next in-breath say or think 1 and when you breath out say or think 2. Keep on repeating this and you will be surprised that when you wake up it is morning. Give it a try and then connect with me on Facebook and let me know what happened . . . counting sheep

How to Make Simple Square Foot Gardening Templates

backside of template with holes drilled I am just about ready to start planting my square foot garden . Until now I have used string and sticks to mark things, but then I got an idea of how I could easily make some templates from old plastic election signs. The material was easy to cut with a knife and a permanent marker would help with the design. At first I thought that I would need a whole bunch of templates, but as I got going I realized that I could actually get away with only 2 templates. First cut 2 12x12 inch pieces from the plastic signs Draw a grid:  template 1: 3 rows and 3 columns template 2: 4 rows and 4 columns Mark the center of each square of the grid by drawing diagonal lines Use the electric drill and a ½" drill bit and drill a hole at each center point. Template 1 Template 1 Grid of 3 row and 3 columns (9 plants - holes circled in blue) This can also be used for 1 plant per square foot (hole circled in black and then blue)

Companion Planting Chart

Have you ever heard of companion planting ? Wikipedia explains it very nicely: Companion planting is the planting of different crops in proximity (in gardening and agriculture), on the theory that they assist each other in nutrient uptake, pest control, pollination, and other factors necessary to increasing crop productivity. Companion planting is a form of polyculture. Companion planting is used by farmers and gardeners in both industrialized and developing countries for many reasons. Many of the modern principles of companion planting were present many centuries ago in cottage gardens in England and home gardens in Asia. Check out this helpful chart to find the benefits of companion planting: Let me know if you found this information helpful and write a comment.