Note: - to change the width and height of thumbnails, modify the 110px and 100px values in red - to change the color and size of related posts titles, change the #333 color value in blue - remove the line in violet if you want the related posts to be displayed both in homepage and post pages. Step 5. Find the line below (you will find two times, but you need to stop at the second one):

Welcome


I am happy to share my thoughts, interests with you.
For all my other creative ideas please check the links to my other blogs.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Country singer Stompin Tom Connors died on March 6, 2013. Why would I want to write about this? Well, my first introduction to him was his song "Bud the Spud", when I got married in the mid seventies.



I found his songs corny, but also folksy. To learn more about Stompin Tom listen to the tribute show that aired on CBC's Q program. Listening to the show, I learned how prolific a song writer Tom Connors was and how each song was a little story about life in Canada. What could be more Canadian that "Hockey Night" and Stompin Tom's "Hockey Song" captures it perfectly.



After almost 40 years in Canada, I have become a Canadian and am proud of it.

No comments: