- Tire gardening (gardening in used tires) - http://www.tiregarden.net/
- Mittlieder method (combines soil-based gardening with hydroponic gardening) - http://growfood.com/
- Square foot gardening (planting in a square foot grid) - http://squarefootgardening.org/square-foot-gardening-method
- Keyhole gardening (raised garden with a center composting basket) - http://www.gardeningchannel.com/how-to-make-a-keyhole-garden/
- Aquaponics (use fish waste to nourish plants) - Oregonlive.com
- Window farms (Plants grow out of the bottle while an air pump circulate liquid nutrients that gently flow down the structure) - one woman’s window farm initiatives
- Straw bale gardening (use straw bales to make raised beds) - http://strawbalegardens.com/
- Straight from the soil bag gardening (leave the soil in the bag and plant in it) - Mother Earth News
- Lasagna gardening (don't dig up the ground, just layer cardboard and straw and soil) - Learn more with these articles over at Mother Earth News and Organic Gardening Magazine.
- Ruth Stout no-work garden (heavily mulch your garden) - Mother Earth News
Monday, May 12, 2014
10 Weird Intensive Gardening Methods That Really Work
If you give any of these methods a try, please let me know how it went by leaving a comment below.